- Fur Kids Foundation is working on a Recipe Book! But, we need help to fill it with delicious recipes for both humans and their four-legged companions. Recipes can be submitted at www.furkidsfoundation.org/recipe.html
- Until Saturday, July 15, the organization has partnered with Thirty One Consultant Tracy Arroyos to help folks get organized! Place a Thirty One order during the Tote-ally Paw-some FUNraiser, and the Foundation will receive 20% of the sales! Learn more at www.furkidsfoundation.org/31bags.html
- Until Saturday, July 22, the Foundation is hosting a Pet Calendar Photo Contest to give all pets their chance to be models! Submissions are FREE and votes are only $1 each. Participants can also save a day for $10 and select a day that their pet’s photos will show on the calendar; plus, they can pre-order a calendar for $15 (with delivery in Gillette). All donations are tax deductible. Learn more about the photo contest at www.gogophotocontest.com/fkf.
- For those who are at the Campbell County Fair on Saturday, August 5, FKF encourages you to sign up for a Watermelon Eating Contest. Each competitor must eat a large wedge of watermelon down to the rind with their hands tied behind their backs in 60 seconds or less! It’s $10 to enter, and there are four different age categories. Register online, or download a registration form at www.furkidsfoundation.org/watermelon.html.
- On August 26, the City Pool goes to the dogs for the Pooch Plunge! Participants can bring their dog to the pool for two sessions and watch them have a blast plunging into the water. Tennis balls and dog treats provided. Cost is $5 per dog, per session; humans get in free! Learn more at www.furkidsfoundation.org/pooch-plunge.html.
Created in November 2011, the Fur Kids Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization that provides education and aid to promote the well-being of families with animals in Campbell County, Wyoming. Since September 2012, Fur Kids Foundation has helped 418 families and granted more than $66,600 in emergency veterinary aid. For more information, or to read the blog, visit www.furkidsfoundation.org. Find Fur Kids Foundation on www.facebook.com/furkidsfoundation. Follow us on Twitter, @furkidswyo.
For Immediate Release
Contact: Felicia Messimer