Please be sure to check out, tag yourself and share the photos of the event posted on Facebook. And, if you took photos at the FKF Photo Booth, check out this album on Facebook. Discs are available at Photo Imaging Center Gillette, located at 900 Camel Plaza, Suite C. You can print the pictures of your choice!
This event is very important to Fur Kids Foundation, as it’s the largest fundraiser that we hold. The volunteer board wants you to know that more than 80 percent of the funds raised at our events and fundraisers go toward helping families with pets with emergency veterinary care. Since 2012, we’ve helped more than 215 families, and we’ve granted more than $32,000 in aid. None of this is possible without your support.
We are truly grateful to the following businesses and individuals for their help and generosity at Pet-A-Palooza this year.
- Please give a huge round of a-paws to the following businesses and community members—please be sure to thank them for their wonderful support when you see them, or do business with them: Animal Medical Center of Wyoming; Annabelle's Cookies Gourmet Dog Treats; Basin Electric Power Cooperative; Campagna Family; Karen Clarke; Cloud Peak Energy; Jamie Pedersen, ERA Priority Real Estate; First Interstate Bank; First National Bank of Gillette; Forever Faithful Pet Crematory; Gillette Optometric Clinic; Johnson Family; Junker Family; Lynde Family; Masters of Ceremony; Billy Montgomery; Powder River Office Supply; S&S Builders, LLC; Sit Means Sit Central Wyoming; Susan McKay CPA LLC-Susan McKay & Crystal Ninas; Thunder Basin Veterinary Clinic PC; and the Wallace Family.
- Volunteers are the life-blood of Fur Kids Foundation and without them, we wouldn't be able to help as many families as we do. We are truly grateful to the following: Andi, Brandon, Cody, Crystal, Elora, Erik, Felicia, Karolyn, LeAna, Linda, Lynn, Manda, Mary, Michelle, Peggy, Rachel, Rebecca, Sierra, Tara, Teri, and Tiffany.
- Campbell County 4-H Dog Agility for coming out, setting up the agility course, and donating half of their proceeds to Fur Kids Foundation.
- Michelle at Explore Paw Photography for flying in from Alaska to take pictures of the event!
- Forever Faithful Pet Crematory for hosting the Pet Blessing, and giving participants a chance to remember their cherished pets who have crossed the rainbow bridge.
- Gillette Community Theatre for offering up their face painting skills to festival attendees for a donation.
- Gillette Petco and Sit Means Sit of Central Wyo. Dog Training for doing dog demonstrations at the event.
- Joe's Pet Depot SA for providing the winning baskets for the Small Dog Showdown.
- Sierra at The Knotty Salon for taking over and quite successfully revamping our fashion show into Pawject Runway. She organized the event, ran it onsite, found some wonderful judges and gave away $150 at the event to winners. Thanks to these judges for helping us out that day as well: LaKesha Brown, Kelsey Conley and Alissa Focht.
- Will Langley for creating the Fur Kids Foundation photo frame for the photo booth that Crystal and Tiffany ran during the event for a donation. We’ll have photos uploaded to the Foundation’s Facebook page shortly!
- Masters of Ceremony (Erik Bergquist and Jaylen) for all the support given to Fur Kids Foundation over the years. This is the third year that Erik has volunteered his time to emcee this event! He brings so much to Pet-A-Palooza and we are very thankful for it.
- Michelle Miller who won the 50/50 Raffle drawing, and donated $137 back to the Foundation!
- Manda Peyton for her ideas for all her extra hard work on the Table of Trinkets and Treats and the Small Dog Showdown – both were new to the festival this year and thought up by Manda!
- Powder River Office Supply for donating the ink pads and the paper for the Dog Paw Print Art that festival attendees enjoyed with their pups.
- Silent Auction and Table of Treats and Trinkets Donors: Animal Medical Center of Wyoming; Annabelle's Cookies; Austin Family; Barkbox; Bauman Family; Biers Family; Calhoun Family; FCA Country Store; Flightline, Inc.; Forever Faithful Pet Crematory; Gillette Acupuncture; Good Reasons Dog Treats; Halvorson Family; Hockett Family; It Works! with Bobbi Link; Joe's Pet Depot; Law Family; Lazy KT Designs; LIMU with Angel Dobitz; Kelley Family; Kimball Family; Magpie Designs; Moen Family; Nootie; Peyton Family; Seppala Family; Skip To My Lou Catering, Haley Belecky; SodaPup; Sylvester Family; Tractor Supply, Gillette; Tufvesson Family; and Fur Kids Foundation board members.
- Vendors: Animal Medical Center of Wyoming; Annabelle's Cookies; Forever Faithful Pet Crematory; It Works! with Bobbi Link; LIMU with Angel Dobitz; Joe's Pet Depot; Petco Gillette; Sit Means Sit of Central Wyo. Dog Training; Skip To My Lou Catering, Haley Belecky; and Wyoming Basset Hound Rescue.