This handsome dude is Bruno, a 1.5 year-old Flame Point Siamese kitty. If there’s one thing Fur Kids Foundation has learned over the years it’s that kitties can be naughty. Bruno is no exception.
Bruno was acting very off; his mom could tell his tummy was bothering him. When Bruno’s tummy ache didn’t pass and didn’t seem to get any better, she grew concerned and rushed him to the vet. There they found that naughty Bruno had swallowed plastic.
Bruno needed emergency surgery to remove the plastic obstruction.
Bruno’s mom knew he needed help, but she was afraid she wouldn’t be able to afford the care he needed. Bruno’s mom had just left an abusive relationship. She wasn’t working, as she’d been a stay-at-home-mom. She and her kids had just moved in with her sister while she looked for work. She was beside herself because she couldn’t afford this surgery, so she applied to Fur Kids Foundation and we were happy to help.
We’re hoping Bruno learned his lesson.
Bruno’s mom knew right away that he wasn’t feeling well. If you suspect your cat may have swallowed something they shouldn’t have, the Pet Health Network encourages you to watch for these signs:
Created in November 2011, the Fur Kids Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides education and aid to promote the well-being of animals in Campbell County.
Your donation saves lives. It goes to work helping animals in Campbell County receive adequate veterinary care during a time when their family may not be able to afford it. Please contact the Foundation to learn more or donate now using PayPal.
The Fur Kids Foundation blog is written by board member and Founder Felicia. If you have ideas that you would like to see published in the blog such as concerns about pet-focused topics in the community or a funny story, please contact the Foundation. Enjoy!