Broken legs in dogs can be quite common. If you see any of the following signs or symptoms in your dog, be sure to take them to the vet right away:
- Unwillingness to put any weight on the injured leg; often picking the leg up and walking as a tri-pod
- Refusing to play, walk or go up the stairs
- Unusually aggression from the dog when you attempt to touch the leg that may be broken
- Howlng or whimpering -- this is a solid sign of pain in a dog
- Refusing to eat or isolating themselves away from you or the family
Recently, her mom told us that Artica was having a hard time staying calm, as most puppies do, but her recovery is going as smoothly as it can, she is showing very few signs of pain and discomfort.
Fur Kids Foundation is grateful for the dedication of our volunteers and supporters who have helped local families stay happy and healthy, and together! If you would like to help Fur Kids Foundation continue to help families in Campbell County, Wyoming with animals, please consider making a tax-deductible donation. The money helps families during a time when they may not be able to afford adequate veterinary care. Check out more Success Stories.