The Fur Kids Foundation board of directors wants to give a huge shout out to Peggy Seppala as the April 2016 Volunteer of the Month!
Peggy is the mother of FKF founder Felicia and has volunteered with the Foundation since 2012. Peggy helps the Foundation with trash clean-ups at CAM-PLEX, with weeding the flower garden by CAM-PLEX every summer, holding events such as Pet-A-Palooza and Pooch Plunge, and often thinks of other ways to help the Foundation raise money. Most recently, Peggy donated a large, gently used, Igloo dog house for the Foundation to sell or use at an event. Peggy also often donates items for our silent auction or raffles at events. In her spare time, Peggy enjoys teaching her dogs agility, running and hiking.
We greatly appreciate all of the help Peggy gives to the Foundation to help us raise money and we encourage all of our volunteers to help us as well. Below are a couple of suggestions on how you can help the Foundation raise money this year:
- Host a house party and ask people to make a small donation to the Foundation
- Ask your book club, or other club you’re involved with, to “adopt” the Foundation for a meeting or for a year and collect money from each participant at the meeting(s) to be donated
- When you write out your holiday cards, include a short description of the Foundation and ask your friends and family to consider the Foundation for their end-of-year giving
- Host a fundraiser for the Foundation with your favorite direct sales product (such as Mary Kay, The Pampered Chef, Thirty One Bags, etc.)
- Help the Foundation with other promotional item fundraisers with Bravelets, Dog Tag Art, Got Antler, etc. Let us know if you have any interest in these items and we’ll work with you to hold the fundraisers.