The Fast and the FURriest Fun Walk & Rock Hunt Fundraiser
Join Fur Kids Foundation for one, two or three laps around the park with your fur kid, family and friends! PLUS: Gather Fur Kids Foundation paw print rocks on your walk to compete for prizes.
2023 Event TBD
Registration begins at 8 am
Dalbey Memorial Park, Edwards Shelter
Red Hills Veterinary Hospital will have a table with bottled waters for humans and disposable bowls and water for dogs. They will also provide some paw-tection for any sensitive toe beans for your pups while they walk on the loop.
Raffle tickets for baskets, commemorative apparel and playing cards are available for purchase at the event. Raffle tickets cost:
Purchase these playing cards with images from the 2022 Pet Photo Contest contributions and help Fur Kids Foundation support local families with pets afford emergency veterinary care in Gillette, Wyoming.
Because FKF is completely ran by volunteers, please allow a minimum of 1 week for mailing.
Attention: Keep dogs out of water!
The Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) has issued a harmful cyanobacterial bloom (HCB) recreational use Bloom Advisory for Gillette Fishing Lake, located in Dalbey Park, based on data provided by the Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ).
Swimming at the Fishing Lake is prohibited. Eating fish taken from the Fishing Lake is never recommended. While the advisory is in effect, residents and visitors to Dalbey Park are encouraged to keep pets out of the water.
For more information about HCBs, please visit www.wyohcbs.org.
For information about Dalbey Park and the Fishing Lake, please contact the City of Gillette Parks Division at (307) 686-5275.
Who is allowed to participate?
This event is for everyone and your four-legged dog friends. (So, no cats, rabbits, snakes, turtles, chickens, ferrets, tarantulas, cows, horses, zoo animals, farm animals or anything other than a dog.) We have dubbed this event to be a fun WALK, but those who wish to run are also encouraged to participate. We just ask that you be consider to the walkers with dogs on the track.
Are there rules with our four-legged friends?
Yes there are always rules, but here’s the simple-ish version:
- NO AGGRESSIVE DOGS. If your dog does not do well with people or other animals, please don’t participate. Should a dog show aggression while waiting for the walk to begin, or on the course, you will both removed from the race by an official with no refund.
- Dogs only. No cats, rabbits, snakes, turtles, chickens, ferrets, tarantulas, cows, horses, zoo animals, farm animals or anything other than a dog.
- No dogs under the age of 6 months may participate. Why? Read rule No. 4.
- For the security of both our two- and four-legged attendees, dogs must be current on all vaccinations—especially Rabies and Parvo—and we’d love it if your dog was spayed or neutered, too. We also strongly encourage that your dogs be licensed by the City and Fido’s collar has proper identification, as well as they be microchipped. You will be asked to sign a waiver upon entering indicating this is done. Rabies tags are requested to be on dog’s collar, or paper copies of vaccinations may be requested.
- There is no poop fairy, so you have to clean up after your pet—doggie bags will be provided, but you can also bring your own, which can be purchased at any pet store in town. Failure to clean up after your pet will result in immediate removal from the event.
- No dogs in any stage of heat may participate.
- No leashes longer than six (6) feet, as you’ll need to keep your pet close to you to avoid conflicts with other dogs or other people joining in on the event. We will have some replacement leashes at the event should you need to borrow one. No retractable leashes. Fur Kids Foundation does not feel that these leads allow you to control your dog well enough for a crowded situation. Again, we will have some replacement leashes at the event should you need to borrow one.
- No children 12 and under are permitted to participate without an adult.
- Water for dogs is served community-style; if your dog requires a separate drinking container, please bring your own.
- Strollers are welcome at the event; however, you must be able to control the stroller, the cute kid in the stroller and the paw-tastic dog on the leash. For all participants safety, no bicycles, skateboards, Rollerblades, or roller skates are allowed.
Is there an age limit?
- For people: If you are under the age of 12, we do want a parent or an adult (over the age of 18) to be with you. If you do not have a parent with you, and you are under the age of 12, we will not allow you to participate.
- As for dogs: we so ask that your dog be at least 6 months old. Why? Puppies under the age of 6 months old are typically not vaccinated, and in order to attend this event, all dogs must be current on all vaccinations—and we’d love it if your dog was spayed or neutered, too. Check with your vet if you have any questions on vaccinations!
Can I walk with a stroller, my kids and my dog?
Yes, but there is one condition: You must be able to control the stroller, the cute kid in the stroller and the paw-tastic dog on the leash. If you’re hip enough to do that, then we say all systems go!
Do I or my dog need to be “in the best shape of our lives” to do this?
Nope! This event is all fun, for two- and four-legged family members. And, water stations are available to make sure everyone stays hydrated.
Are there refunds?
This is a fundraiser for Fur Kids Foundation. Unfortunately, we cannot issue refunds. The logistics of setting up and planning the event make it impossible. Please make sure you are good to go before signing up. If for some reason you can’t make it to the event that day, feel free to check in and say hi to us!
What if I have a question that isn’t answered here?
Please contact us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will hook you up with answer. And, if it's paw-some enough, we may even publish it here!