BEAR - July 2022
Case: Broken leg
This little cutie pie is Bear, a 6-month-old Pomeranian.
Bear was playing on the couch, when she decided to pull a Superwoman move and jump off the tall couch–resulting in her leg breaking in two places! Fortunately, with Bear's age, size, and how clean the fractures were, surgery was needed and would help get Bear back on her feet in no time. Bear's mom tried finding ways to raise enough money for the surgery; but on a fixed income, she was not able to afford the whole procedure. She reached out to Fur Kids Foundation and we were happy to help her afford this emergency surgery for Bear who is now back on her paws and flying again!
CAPONE - 2021
Case: Accidentally ate raisins & glass Christmas bulb
This handsome dude is Capone, a 2-year-old mixed cutie. Capone likes to keep his mom on his toes. A few years ago, Capone's mom received help from Fur Kids Foundation when he ate a box of raisins. Since that emergency, she's worked hard on creating a fund for emergency veterinary visits. However, life happens, and so do the holidays, which meant that her reserve wasn’t as big as she would have liked. Unfortunately, that's when Capone decided to eat a glass Christmas bulb. Capone had the bulb removed from his mouth and was monitored for the night. Thankfully, he’s back to his normal goofy self. We're hoping he stops worrying his mom soon and stays healthy while she builds back up her vet savings for him.
KATHMANDU- OCT 2022
Case: Tooth infection
This handsome boy is Kathmandu, a 10-year-old cat. Kathmandu's parents recently separated and his mom is in the process of getting back on her feet. During this time, his mom noticed Kathmandu's face was swelling and his eye was having problems. She brought him to the vet where she was told Kathmandu had a few rotten teeth–some were so infected it was causing him to have eye issues. She was told that he needed to have his teeth removed right away. Kathmandu's mom reached out to Fur Kids Foundation for the emergency veterinary help, and we were happy to help Kathmandu get back to feeling better. He's now smiling again!
SAMSON - 2021
Case: Twisted spleen
This beautiful boy is Samson, a 7-year-old English Bulldog/Staffy mix. Samson’s mom had just recently moved to Gillette, and was helping take care of her aging father. She recently found a full-time job, and is a single mom taking care of her kids, when her beloved boy Samson started acting sick. His stomach was distended, he wasn't eating, and she knew that he felt crummy. Just getting back on her feet financially, she scraped up what funds she had to bring Samson in on an emergency vet visit. At the clinic, tests indicated that Samson had a splenic torsion (or a twisted spleen) and needed emergency surgery to save his life. She reached out to Fur Kids Foundation for help. Samson had his emergency surgery that consisted of removing his spleen, which was three times the size it should have been! We are so happy to say that he is recovering wonderfully and getting back to his normal self.
JOEY - DEC 2022
Case: Liver disease
This is Joey, an 11-year-old Cocker Spaniel. Joey is well loved by his family, and his dad says he's his best friend. So when Joey was diagnosed with liver failure, his dad knew he had to try everything he could to help Joey.
Joey's dad is a single dad trying to make ends meet. He heard about Fur Kids Foundation and asked us for help to get Joey started on care for his liver failure. We were more than happy to help. Joey's dad was sent home with prescription food and medication. Joey will need to continue to have his liver levels checked, but his dad is committed to doing whatever he can to ensure Joey has a happy healthy life. Joey was so happy to celebrate another birthday!
BRANDY - April 2021
Case: Kidney issues
This little nugget is Brandy, a 9-year-old Chihuahua. Suddenly she became very lethargic and started vomiting. Her parents knew something was wrong and rushed her to the vet. That's where they learned that poor little Brandy's red blood counts were low and her protein levels were high, signaling some issues with her kidneys. Unfortunately, Brandy needed to be hospitalized.
Brandy's mom is on social security and her dad does carpentry work, and work has been slow lately. They didn't have the funds for the emergency hospitalization, so they reached out to Fur Kids Foundation for help. Brandy stayed a few nights at the vet clinic and they were able to stabilize her so she could safely go back to her family.